Although the idea of Cluj Guided Tours appeared since 2008, the association only took shape in December 2013, by Christmas time! The initial ideas were to do free guided tours, also tours in the city and its surroundings as Cluj deserves to benefit from this service, and to prove that the guide job is one of the things to consider when we want to promote the country.
Our role as a “storyteller” in the Book of Stories of Cluj began timidly, with very few certified guides, but with a lot of joy that we sought to convey to those who want to know why Cluj is so special among the chosen cities.
That’s how the first steps begun, but as time passes and experience accumulates, we grow together, reaching today over 20 accredited tour guides and so many more in training, having the same joy that we share with those who are our guests.
What is CLUJ GUIDED TOURS?
CLUJ GUIDED TOURS is a non-profit association that has three directions of action:
• Awareness and promotion of the tourist heritage among the local community, through tourist guidance and animation activities;
• Increasing the visibility and understanding of the importance of the tourist heritage among Romanian and foreign tourists through professional and quality tourist guidance and animation activities;
• Practical training of competitive human resources by supporting a coordinated service of training, preparation and practice in the activity of tourist guidance and animation.
What does CLUJ GUIDED TOURS do?
• Free guided tours in English;
• Guided tours in collaboration with tour operators from the country and abroad or at the request of various institutions, associations, organizations, accommodation units, event organizers, private individuals;
• Thematic tours with the occasion of various organized events;
• Organizing events in order to promote tourism of some destinations;
• Tourist guide for educational purposes: adaptive tourist guiding (schools, high schools, colleges, institutions, people with disabilities).
• Experience, volunteering, team, projects.
Our tours are held in Romanian, English, with the possibility to have tours in languages with a wide circulation: French, Spanish, German, Italian and Hungarian.
We are open to collaborations with tour operators from the country and abroad or at the request of various institutions, associations, organizations, accommodation units, event organizers, private individuals.